Mental distancedo you know that expression?
- Dr. Verhoef has coined the phrase.
- Just a few front runners know Verhoef's hi-psy theory of design.
- Dr. Verhoef does not define thinking distance,
Psychologist have yet to define thinking.
- Hm, artists lacking a definition of art.
definition of thinking
- So I've dived into thought myself.
- First the definition of thought: Thought is mental labour that leads to new conclusions.
- A new conclusion is a thought you did not reach yet.
- Worrying distincts from thinking by going round in circles.
- Thinking leads to a mental step forwards.
- An increased level of certainty is such a step forwards.
Yesterday I thought never to understand women. Today I am sure.
definition of mental distance
- definition of mental distance: The number of thinking steps from available knowledge to a goal conclusion.
- Mental distance is a useful concept in artificial intelligence.
- The computer is the hard thinking slave, that bridges mental distances for humans.
end of thought
mental distance 0
- Ideally the mental distance is reduced to zero.
- Conclusions are up for grabs.
- To sense is to know.
- No need for thought.
- ACE soon introduces a recumbent configurator.
- Which parts suit my dream recumbent best?
- Advanced AI selects matching parts.
- The computer works hard, thinks hard to assemble the best recumbent for you.
- If the hard thinking slave can do al the mental work, the human will reach mental distance zero.
- The goal is up for grabs.
- Puma: outback proof.
- My Puma is a fine piece of engineering.
- ACE has thought out all parts well, no AI used, yet still mental distance zero.
- Destination of thought reached.
Till next nut,
Henk Jan Nootenboom